How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100366
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My tenant has been verbally abusing me for many months, is

This answer was rated:

My tenant has been verbally abusing me for many months, is there anything I can do ?
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Do you share your home with this tenant?

When you say you tried to end the tenancy do you mean you applied for an order for eviction?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No we don't share our home, only the property.

Yes, an order of eviction.

If this continues I suggest that you be sure you have plenty of other witnesses or else tape record the abuse.

It is legal to make a recording so long as you are a party to the conversation.

So you can play the recording as proof.

A tenant can be evicted for depriving the landlord or another tenant of their right to peaceful enjoyment of their home.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I still try a prove the abuse, if I have my husband make a statement ? and when I gave the tenant the notice we also had a witness with us.


You can try again as this is persisting.

But I think you should have more evidence than just your husband's testimony.
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Canada Law Questions