I AM IN A UPPER KITCHEN MANAGEMENT POSITON WITH A LARGE CORPORATION

AND I AM CONSISTENTLY BEING...
I AM IN A UPPER KITCHEN MANAGEMENT POSITON WITH A LARGE CORPORATION AND I AM CONSISTENTLY BEING THROWN UNDER THE BUS BECAUSE IT IS EASIER TO DO THIS , AND TO XXXXX OF LEAST RESISTANCE RATHER THAN TO FIX THE RECURRING PROBLEMS OF INSUBORDINATION TO SUPERVISORS.I WOULD LIKE TO SUE THIS CORPORATION AS THEY NATIONALLY ADVERTISE NATIONAL POLICIES THAT INCLUDE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR AGRRESSIVE AND VIOLENT BEHAVIOR. I FIND THAT I HAVE BEEN PHYSIALLY THREATENED SEVERAL TIMES AND DO NOT FEEL SAGE AT WORK ANYMORE. I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK , IE. DOCUMENTATION, CONSULTING H.R., THE GENERAL MANAGER, THE CHEF, AND THE OUTCOME IS THE SAME NO MATTER WHO I SPEAK WITH . THEY ARE NOT BEING ACCOUNTABLE FOR MY SAFETY AS A SUPERVISOR IN A UNION ENVIROMENT, AND I NOW HAVE A POISON WORK ENVIRONMENT. I HAVE RECENTLY JUST RETURNED FROM STRESS LEAVE AND I FEEL THAT I NOW HAVE A TARGET ON MY BACK AMD MUST RELUCTANTLY LOOK AT LEAVING , EVEN AFTER 12 YEARS OF LOYAL SERVICE. I KNOW THIS IS A MOUTHFUL BUT WANTED TO SHARE WITH SOMEONE, AND IT CERTAINLY COULDN'T BE ANY WORSE THAN THE CORPORATE LINE I HAVE BEEN HANDED THESE LAST 7 MONTHS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION,

REGARDS, XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX, ( SORRY FOR THE CAPS,SOMEWHAT VISON IMPAIRED )
10/20/2013
Law.Hut
Law.Hut, Lawyer
Hello:

WHAT IS IT YOU WANT US TO ANSWER OR ADDRESS ABOUT YOUR SITUATION?

I need to know what kind of lawyer I need, and if from what I have briefly described do I have a good chance of winning a law suit given this situation. This current management team is not being accountable for National Policy with in this Corporation.

ARE YOU A MEMBER OF THE UNION?

yes, I am a member of local 47, my company that I work for is a large international corporation, and I am employed through the Union with them.

Relist: Other.
will my answer be answered within the next 8 hours for sure as this is of an urgent nature. I shared my info with the law expert and he requested more info, which I complied with but must now retire for the evening.
Debra, Lawyer
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Because you are in a union you cannot sue your employer for wrongful dismissal. That is true even in the case of constructive dismissal.

Rather you have to bring a complaint to your union and your union who owes you a duty of fair representation will decide if they should file a grievance or not.

If your union fails to represent you fairly then you may have to file an unfair representation complaint with the Labour Board.

If you want to consult with a labour lawyer face to face then You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-800-661-1095 or
403-228-1722 in Calgary

I hope that helps as a starting point.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I need to know what kind of lawyer I need, whether it be a corporate law lawyer, if a civil litigation lawyer, then specializing in what?? what does the lawyer that I need specialize in ??
I did say the type of lawyer.

I said you need to speak to a labour lawyer.
Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer