Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

My girl friend told me to "stay from her" which I will strictly

My girl friend told me to "stay from her" which I will strictly abide by. Do I need a lawyer yet, if she has been to the police already.
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

If you are not going near her and if the police are not charging you then you don't need a lawyer at this point.

If the police want to talk to you then you should remember that you have a right to speak to a lawyer first.

But if nothing more is going to come of this then you don't need a lawyer at this point.