Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Hi I have been in canada for the past two years and applied

Hi
I have been in canada for the past two years and applied for canada PR some time back in this year and got my AOR, as well as i applied for bridging open work permit.
my question is, if my current employer will terminate / lay off me, whether that will create any impact on my current closed work permit which is valid till may 2014.
thx.
ragards
rajesh
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

No it won't.

But you will need a new LMO to get a new closed work permit if you need one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Debra ..

I was afraid that my current employer will cancel my current closed work permit if i resign my job or they terminate me.

I have to be in canada with valid current work permit untill I get my new open work permit from CIC, so that i can work for any employer in future.

please advice.Thanks in advance.

The employer has no right or say with respect to the permit.

The permit remains valid until it expires.

That means you can remain in Canada and look for another job and then apply for the new LMO and permit while remaining in Canada.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much Debra.. its clear now.