How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101443
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been victimized by vicious lies and false allegations

This answer was rated:

I have been victimized by vicious lies and false allegations I was charged with unlawful entry and assault. I was the one that was pushed and smacked open handed. I pushed her back and held her against a wall until she calmed down then I left a week later!I was charged.this was a friend for 3 years and we always walked into each others homes. This particular time I knocked twice when her daughter said to come in. I was asking her to talk to me about lies she told a previous employer. She was irrational and then grabbed me and hit me. I don't know what I can lawfully do to charge her with lies and assults
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

You could sue her civilly for the damages she caused you by these false reports.

Or you can report this to the police as mischief or obstruction of justice. If they will not assist you then there is another route you can go.

You can attend at the Justice of the Peace's office in any criminal court.

You simply walk in, tell the JP's secretary what you want to do, and he/she will give you a form to fill out (basic information and your allegations).

Then after you hand it in, you'll speak to the JP and explain the basis for the allegations.

Then if the JP decides there is enough to lay the information, he/she will schedule a pre-enquete (relatively brief in camera hearing to determine whether or not to proceed).

Be prepared to bring any evidence or witnesses you might have for that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the paper work for filing and will be speaking to a JP in Guelph tomorrow but one of the questions is type of charges. 1. I will be charging is assault but can I lay charges for false charges against me? Lieing to the police? I will be taking her to civil court and will be hiring a lawyer but I want to be very specific of what charges I'm laying tomorrow.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a number I can speak to you directly? I'm not sure my questions are clear you can reach me at XXXXXXXXXX
I cannot speak to you directly.

But the offences would be either mischief or obstruction of justice.

That is how you would have them charged when there are false charges.

But the JP or police decide on the charges. That is not for you to decide anyway.
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you