How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99979
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, My boyfriends ex lives in Saskatchewan and he lives

This answer was rated:


My boyfriend's ex lives in Saskatchewan and he lives in Alberta. He has been responsible with his child support and previous daycare costs.

She has full custody. She has recently advised him that she took their daughter out of subsized daycare where he paid half directly to the daycare and has put her into a full-cost daycare back in May due to daughter's health issues. We think it is her mother. He was not advised of this and apparently owes $3600 directly to the ex now as she states says she paid for it all.

He has asked for a receipt...she says she will see if she can get one. I am thinking that it will be a receipt from her mother. Is this allowed? Can family care be charged? Shouldn't the daycare be licensed?

The issue that she just gave birth to twins and is not working or going to school. Technically shouldn't she be able to take care of the children? Can she claim that she has health issues which is causing her not to be able to?

Something just does not sound right in this...and there are many issues that we are not comfortable with. Is there any help we can get? Is he required to pay it immediately or should we wait until a court order?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

She cannot get reimbursed for day care fees unless they are to free her up to work.

I suspect she stopped taking the child to day care because she is on mat leave and thinks she can get this money from the father.

She would absolutely need receipts and also cannot simply decide to pay her mother. This would have to be on agreement.

But in any event she is not working so there is no need for him to pay at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help Debra! Very much appreciated! Have a great weekend!

You too!
Debra and 2 other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Canada Law Questions