How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100960
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are Americans who have owned and operated a corporation

This answer was rated:

My wife and I are Americans who have owned and operated a corporation in Ontario for about three years. We employ several Canadians. We have leased a condo in Toronto for over two years, maintain over $500,000 Canadian in a Canadian bank, have Canadian Work Permits and pay Canadian taxes. We also own Corporations in the USA and must split our time between Countries.

Under the above circumstances, utilizing the entrepreneur provisions of the Canadian Immigration Code, do we qualify without athree year full time residency in Canada, to obtain residency in Canada & a Canadian Passport and if so, how do we proceed
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with the best possible answer.

To achieve that goal it may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.

But, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

The entrepreneurial category is not available right now.

This program was closed over 2 years ago and there is no information as to when, if ever, it is going to re-open.

So you cannot immigrate under that category right now unfortunately.

Why not see if you meed the criteria for applying under the Canada Experience category?

Here is a link to the information you will need about this category:

It would also make sense for you to consult face to face with an immigration lawyer.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:

1-800-268-8326 or(NNN) NNN-NNNN(within the GTA)

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Debra and 2 other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you