if I defendant gives me there affidavit of records then

if I defendant gives...
if I defendant gives me there affidavit of records then what is the time delay in which I am allowed before I send them in there affidavit of records .I would like time to review it and prepare my affidavit . sorry I have so many questions but I just cant afford a lawyer right now
9/10/2013
Debra, Lawyer
Please don't apologize as this is what we are here for!

But are you being pressured to give this now?

And, also, do you understand your obligation in terms of disclosure?

I just want to be sure that I follow the correct time lines because I don't know the rules of the court . I would like to know this in advance as will . So that I am not caught off guard at the last minute . I just want to say that I am really impressed as to your advice and you have been very informative .

You are very welcome.

The main thing to know is you are supposed to provide all relevant documents so don't ever let the other side think you are picking and choosing documents in a way that seems dishonest.

Here are all the Rules for you to have at your fingertips:

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_900194_e.htm

In terms of the timing, did you not make a discovery plan with the other party?

no discovery plan yet

You have to do a discovery plan.

That is how the timing is set.

Then you both have to adhere to the plan.
Debra, Lawyer
Debra, Lawyer