How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 99979
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When a house is sold how long a of notice is need to

This answer was rated:

When a house is sold how long a period of notice is need to be given to the tenant if there is no lease?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

Are you planning to move in yourself?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Son And I have a contract with Canada post and he will be sleeping there during the daytime

The law is that if you are moving into the home (or your son is) then the form that must be given can be found here:

It is Form 11 A.

When you read that form you will see that the time period for notice varies depending on where the home is located.

You are given a number to call to find out what the time frame is for your particular jurisdiction.

This varies based on how hard or easy it is for the tenant to find another home.

So 90 days could very well be right.

And if they have children enroled in school in the area then they may be able to stay until the end of the school year.

The $500 is the maximum you have to pay for moving expenses for them. So they will need to provide a receipt to prove that's what they've paid.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Canada Law Questions