How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101395
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband agreed to pay $200 per month for each of our

This answer was rated:

My ex-husband agreed to pay $200 per month for each of our two children. He never paid a penny. He now has a business of his own and could afford to pay me although the court order was September 1984. Is his legally obligated?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

How old are your children now?

Do they still live at home?

Do they attend school full-time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My children are grown and on their own. I paid for their educations.

Was there an order or just an agreement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

an order

What province is this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


The order is very old and I am not sure if it can be enforced but it's worth a try.

I suggest you register it here:

Then the government will seek to enforce the order for you.

And perhaps before doing so let the father know this is your intention and it may be he agrees to pay something to avoid your doing this.

How does that sound
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sounds good

Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!