Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

I ask a question about my aunt last week it was my aunt die

I ask a question about my aunt last week
it was my aunt die july 2012 with out a will here in newfoundland she did leave a letter with her wishes but now a year later my aunt wants to sell the house in the answer you gave me you said that they had to share the money from the house with all sibling and if any brothers or sisters who have die that the money would go to there family
but my aunt now has a lawyer and they are saying that where my dad just die june 29 2013 that my family is not entitled to anything is this the case should I hire a lawyer to fight it
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

What is the lawyer's reason, do you know?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my aunts lawyer is saying that she has the right to sell the house and where my father her brother has pass that my family is not entitle to get any money from the sale
my aunt die with no family only her brothers ands sisters

But why would your aunt have priority over the other siblings ?
Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!