if i sell private property and get a bill of sale with as is

condition am i protected from...
if i sell private property and get a bill of sale with as is condition am i protected from any liability?
7/21/2013
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer

Copperlaw : This is a private sale between individuals. Accordingly, This is not a transaction involving a consumer and a business, meaning that Consumer Protection legislation does not apply
Copperlaw : Further, an "as is" sale would negate any implied warranty and the onus is on the purchaser to know what they're buying
Copperlaw : There is no recourse valuable to him in legislation. All he could do would be to file a civil claim
Copperlaw : However you have an excellent defense, given that you were not aware of a transmission issue and we don't know if it's something the purchaser did
Copperlaw : Sorry, I noticed my autocorrect changed "available" to "valuable"
Copperlaw : The only way he could possibly have a valid claim is if you intentionally and knowingly misrepresented the item. For example, if you wrecked the tranny, and he specifically asked if the transmission had any known issues and you had lied to hide it.
Copperlaw : However, proving knowledge is difficult
Copperlaw : Please let me know if you require anything further as I'm happy to continue chatting
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer
Copperlaw
Copperlaw
Copperlaw, Lawyer