How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100955
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:

Debra!! Case #XXXXX; the kids finished up this school year in our care, and the one child had a grad for moving into the next grade. The school gave out medals and a certificate to each child. The child left hers at our house, and asked my partner to scan a copy of the certificate to her Mother, which my partner happily obliged. Now that they're back at her house, she sent my partner a communication stating that a few things were missing and listed off the certificate as being one of those missing items. The certificate is the child's and it was intentionally left here by the child, and for all of the school stuff that my partner has surely missed out on (or never even knew about) all through these years, it only seems right that he finally gets to keep some of these types of things, no?

Well the poor kid is being harassed by her mother.

It's up to you to decide what to do.

You've done nothing wrong of course.
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you