How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100933
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Employee is from Poland. He has been working in London England

This answer was rated:

My Employee is from Poland. He has been working in London England for the last 9 years. He and his wife and young child have come to Canada in April on the 'Work and Travel Program'. His Work Visa expires in April 2014. I wish him to keep working with me permanently. I have a Construction Company and it is a registered Ltd. Company.

We know about the forms to be filled out for LMO. I'm wondering what can I do to give him a better chance of succeeding with this application?
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

For you to be able to get a positive LMO you essentially have to show why you need him and not a Canadian.

So perhaps there are not enough Canadians who have his special skills? If you can show that this will help.

For example, not related to construction, there are not enough teaching jobs in Canada. So, it's not likely possible for a foreign worker to get a teaching job in a regular classroom. But there are not enough teachers trained in special needs. So a teacher from another country who has this specialized training may be able to get a work permit.

So you have to consider your industry and the job description and figure out how to show that you need this particular person.

Does that help?
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are you familiar with the Opportunities Ontario Program?

Would it be better to apply to this program, or go the route of the LMO?

Or should I do both at the same time?





Trying both options would make sense.

You definitely should not count out either option at this point.