If a claimant in a small claims action, doesnt comply with

If a claimant in a...
If a claimant in a small claims action, doesn't comply with the disclosure order, typically how dose the settlement conference proceed, what do I do?
6/28/2013
Debra, Lawyer
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

You can ask for a finding of contempt as the claimant breached a Court Order.

You can ask that the claimant be fined, given a strict deadline for complying, that the conference be adjourned and that you be given an order for your costs as you had to attend for nothing.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.
Debra, Lawyer
Thanks very much for the rating.

Please take the time to participate in the customer satisfaction survey as that will go into my record with the site.You will be sent an email with the survey in a couple of days.

And feel free to keep my name in case you need me again down the road. You can always put my name into the subject line the next time you post so that your question will stand out for me and I will answer it just as soon as I can.

Thanks and take good care!
Debra, Lawyer