How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100434
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello there. I have a 4 year old daughter who has just begun

This answer was rated:

hello there. I have a 4 year old daughter who has just begun chemotherapy for acute lymphoblastic lymphoa. I was not aware that the MIO water enhancer that she has been drinking in her water for the past two years has elements that are carcinogenic and can cause this type of cancer. With no history of lymphoma in either myself or my wifes history is there possible litigation against KRAFT. I would never intentionally give my kid something that would have the possibility to do this. Hope to hear from you. Thank you
Thank you for your question.

Before I begin I want to explain a bit about how the site works.

It may be that I will find that I need to gather further information from you. As well, it's quite possible that you may feel the need to ask me additional questions for further clarification.Please do not worry that you will be charged additionally if I ask you questions or if you need to ask me questions. That is not at all how the site works.

As well, please understand that as a careful lawyer I will always give you an honest answer even if the answer is sometimes not what you were hoping for.

Finally, as we go through the process please do not feel rushed if I ask you a question. You are always free to take your time to gather more information before you post back. As well, please understand that even after you rate me the post will not lock and you could always come back for further clarification if you think of something a bit later on down the road.

I am saddened to hear of this terrible situation.

What you can do is consult with a product's liability lawyer who can both determine if there are other cases like this relating to the same product and also help you find a strong expert who can help you prove that your child's illness was caused by this device.

Then you can be in a position to sue Kraft but it's quite possible with strong expert evidence that you will not need to go that far as they could actually offer you a settlement or their insurers could.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

I hope that helps as a starting point.
I am not sure what has happened.

I answered almost right away, explained the law and how to find a lawyer.

Did you think I could act for you for example?

The rating is for when we are done. I don't even see a reply from you.

And you've chosen the very worst rating on this site. I am trying to help yet you've just decimated my stats and now I will not get paid even though you paid the site and even though I am trying to help.

So please at least reply back and tell me where I went so very wrong.

I am really just the messenger who is explaining the law. I don't make the law and I cannot solve your problems. I cannot act for you and perhaps you are upset because you were told you need to retain a lawyer but you do. That's the stark reality of the situation.

So reply back and let me try and rectify the situation with you.
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Canada Law Questions