Daniel Freudman, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
70961067

if i want to self represent myself but have fund in the trust

if i want to self represent myself but have funds in the trust account of my lawyer as per court order, what happens to those funds.

what are these funds in the lawyer's trust account for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for division of assets

If a third party is to hold on to these funds, you can arrange for the lawyer to keep them, or alternatively, retrieve them from the lawyer and arrange for another acceptable 3rd party to hold onto them.

If there is no such requirement that a third party hold them, then you can just demand the lawyer return the funds for you.

Hopefully that is of assistance.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please provide me with a positive rating so I can receive payment. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: My communication is general legal information only and is not intended to be relied upon. This information is not legal advice, nor is it a substitute for such, and if you are seeking legal advice then it is recommended that you retain an attorney. There is no guarantee as to the accuracy of this information, nor shall I be held liable for any claim, demand or damages, actual or consequential, of any kind or nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected to this information or the issue it pertains to. No solicitor-client relationship has been created by this communication.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the order says they be put into my lawyers trust account? so can I have them put into my account until the trail

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Relist:

In that case you could always request that your lawyer hold on to the funds until the trial, even though that lawyer is no longer representing you on the case. Otherwise, you may have to bring a motion to have the order amended to say that you can put them into a different account.