How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law.Hut Your Own Question
Law.Hut, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 7846
Experience:  with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Law.Hut is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have an alberta incorporated company iam sub contracted

This answer was rated:

i have an alberta incorporated company i'am sub contracted to various other sub contractors. My question is regarding the powers of a company to deduct a certain sum of funds as a disciplinary action for paperwork errors. No contract signed no agreement made between the participating partys. Now are they aloud to do this, and if they arn't is it worth it to call for legal action?

Law.Hut : Hello: This would depend on the terms of any contract or agreement. If there is no agreement that this would be lower, then the company making the deductions would be in breach of contract for failing to pay you the agreed amount for your work. They cannot unilaterally change the terms of that contract. You could sue and whether that is worthwhile or not depends on the amount involved.
Law.Hut and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i havent signed any document pertaining to even working with these

companies. Thank you for your service.

You are welcome.

Related Canada Law Questions