Jeremie John Martin, Lawyer
Experience:  I'm a bilingual attorney for the province of Quebec who goes to Court often for many clients.
24752679

Revenue Qc asked for proof of a daycare expenses I paid In

Customer Question

Revenue Qc asked for proof of a daycare expenses I paid

In the year, I paid approx 7000$

1 daycare was 12$ a day
60/week

240 month

paid 1000 4 months (cash no receipt)

Rev. Qc took the money from a reimbursement I was expecting.

It has been almost 1 year since the decision.

Can I challenged Rev. Qc is small claims court as they requested additional proof which I further supplied.

then Rev Qc reverted to the initial "well you don't have a receipt - so tough cookies.
d
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 4 years ago.
When I saw the question last night I messaged our Canada law expert.

I am sure he will reply to you today as soon as he comes online.

But if you are not able to wait at some point then let me know. I am not in Quebec and the law in Quebec is different than it is in other provinces but I can do research if you like.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Revenue Qc asked for proof of a daycare expenses I paid in 2009

In the year, I paid approx 7000$

1 particular daycare was 12$ a day
60/week

240 month

paid 1000 4 months (cash no receipt)

Can I challenged Rev. Qc in small claims court as they requested additional proof which I further supplied.

In a sense they gave me the run around, did not even do their own homework as I provided copies of publicity they were using in local grocery stores plus a written report by the (CLSC) about my son in which it is mentioned that our son was being looked after there.

He is now 6 years old and will soon be 7 in February. Even he could testify that he was looked after there as he remembers lots of stuff like (they gave him soft drinks like Coca cola) which my son has had but a handful of times since 2009.

I also have witnesses that have been with me while I picked him up there as well.

Can I only take the lady (daycare operator to small claims court) or ideally - I would like to be able to make Rev Qc accountable for what they have not done. (a good job)

I just added some information FOR CLARIFICATION.

Thank you,

Dean

(if this needs to be sent to a Qc lawyer - I understand, just let me know please)

Expert:  Debra replied 4 years ago.
The Quebec expert will be happy to assist you as soon as he is back online.
Expert:  Jeremie John Martin replied 4 years ago.

I'm a Quebec lawyer but unfortunately I do not practice in Quebec tax law.

You should be able to get a free initial consultation on this matter by calling referral service in Montreal at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

I hope my answer sends you in the right direction.

I'd be glad to answer follow-up questions. If and when we are done, please remember to kindly rate my service before exiting the site so the site can release the portion of the funds you already paid that go to the expert.

Best regards,

Jeremie XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

could this question kindly be forwarded to a Qc. tax lawyer

I'm the only Quebec lawyer on this site unfortunately this site has no Quebec tax lawyer.

You should call the reference number for Quebec tax law help.

Please note that tax law is a very narrow field of law and normally you would need to pay about 200$ for a Quebec tax lawyer to answer your question.

Best regards,

Jeremie XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

have you seen my other question related to the court criminal proceedings of which I resent you another follow up asking for more advice a few hours ago.

please reply asap.

thanks again

XXXXX XXXXXX

Ok I will go see that.