How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Yossarian (user name) Your Own Question
Yossarian (user name)
Yossarian (user name), Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 957
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Yossarian (user name) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been subpoena to be a witness in Ontario court. I have

Resolved Question:

I have been subpoena to be a witness in Ontario court. I have to take the day off work and drive a total of 320kms ( round trip). Do I receive compensation for this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Yossarian (user name) replied 7 years ago.
A modest witness fee is served with a Summons to Witnesss in a civil proceeding that also provides a mileage allowance. If the summons relates to a criminal code offence or a provincial offence, you do not receive any compensation.
Yossarian (user name) and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you