I need a lawyer for wrongful dismissal and also because I am…

Customer Question
I need a lawyer for...
I need a lawyer for wrongful dismissal and also because I am being denied EI benefits
because of something that was said in my dismissal report which is wrong and has
never been proven....as well as I want to clear my name and sue the company for
all the wrongful information they are spreading about me....I literally went to work
Terrace Youth and beaten up lots of time by the clients and was threatened that if
I reported it the abuse that I would be fired on the spot.....my own doctor seen all the
bruises on my body from time to time...so right now I have no money coming in and
EI is painting me guilty without any proof.....there were 4 people fired all at the same
time..they refusing to give me a copy of my last pay statement and I need it to prove
my expenses because of my childcare (subsidy program)....so I need a lawyer to
help prove these allegations which are not true and also to get EI as I have a 4 year
old who I have to support as well as his father has not paid a cent for support since
he was born....and I do not want to loose my daycare because I cannot pay them...
it took me 2 1/2 years to get him in there....so again I need my name cleared in case
their is a record with the York Durham Childrens Aid...which I do not know if there is
or not....because if there is....I am limited in job that I can apply for....I am hoping to
go to college to better myself in September of this year....but right now I do not
have an income...(I was not dismissed until I came off of stress leave) and then that
is when they fired me...one comment in the report said that I was making clucking
noises while restraining a client who hawked in my face..? how ridiculous a statement..
I weight 105 lbs and it took all my strength to restrain this person who was twice my
size....so I need help...so I am hoping that there is a lawyer who will take my
case on a contingency case...as I want to sue Terrace Youth...who have a lot of law
suits against them...they do not care about their staff because we litterally has no
protection from the clients nor did they care...what was happening to the staff....
we were smacked, punched, spit on, cursed and almost every moment of the day
by one or more of them...and we had no recourse for our own safety...as there
were not any camers in the house to protect us...if we were attacked....all they
Terrace Youth cared about was how many clients they had...and they did not care
how or what even went on .... as they rarely showed up to see what was going on...
and my boss was with me almost 95% of the time...and she did nothing to report
anything....she even gave me a card a few weeks before I was fired saying how much
she appreciated my work and all the extra things I did...and she wished that more
of the staff was like me....and also for all the time I was there...I was never, ever
written up...but they had to put something in the report ...and say detrimental things
about me...or they would not have been able to fire me...and while off...my
medication was covered of course...because I still worked for them...but now they
say that I have to pay it back....which is completely wrong..so...I hope that there is
someone who can help me sue these people., as well as clear my name of any wrong
doings and help me get onto EI .... as I have a little four year old whom I have to
support on $0...income and if I cannot pay...they will force me to take him out of
school and I will loose my placement with them....and again the father in this
situation as not paid one cent for support....so hopefully ...someone will help me
with my situation...as right now...I am planning to go back to school to get out of this
line of work...and I also want to better myself...but I need my name cleared of any
wrong doings....thanking you in advance...Katie Inman - XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/29/2010
Lawyer: Yossarian (user name), Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Yossarian (user name)
You should call the Law Society of Upper Canada's lawyer referral service(NNN) NNN-NNNN and you will be provided with the names of local employment law lawyers. Many employment law lawyers do accept contingency fees for wrongful dismissal cases. You can also file a complaint for the minimum amount of notice (without a lawyer ) with the Ministry of Labour's employment standards branch. While legal aid does not cover wrongful dismissal cases, it does cover EI appeals.

no I am not satisfied with you answer because I have already called the law

society and there is litterely 0 lawyers who would take this case on a contingency

case....so how do I get a lawyer who will help me clear my name and help me with

EI benefits especially since I have a doctors note that says that I am not able to

work right now....and I have called a lot of lawyers but no one will take the case

and of course I have no money and legal aid will not help out in this

situation because it is not family or criminal and you are sure that they will help

with an appeal with EI but in the meantime I need a lawyer who will help me clear

my name for these statements that they have made again me and that they are

not true...now what do I do......

There are many employment law lawyers advertising contingency fee services in the Yellow Pages. I suggest you keep trying. As the lawyer referral service is free, and there are many contingency fee lawyers listed, you can keep on asking for additional lawyers, too.

Legal aid does cover EI appeals.

okay...can you at least suggest a couple of names as of yet I have even asked

other lawyers if they knew lawyers that did this and they all say no...and because

we live in Oshawa...we do not have access to lawyers in Toronto....so all that

I am asking is for a couple of names...surely you would know a couple who would

take the case on a contingency basis' .....trust me I have asked a lot of lawyers

and they all say no ... that they will not do anything for me and they do not'

know anyone who does...and I even called the law society and the gentleman was

annoyed that we would asked for such a thing as the name of a lawyer who

would take this case on a contingency basis...he wanted your name...but I played

dumb....he said that you are wrong and they cannot help me with a referral of

this nature....

Some of the employment lawyers participating with the law society's referral service will accept contingency fees. However, the law society will not know which lawyers will accept such fee arrangements. On the other hand, the Yellow Pages has many advertisements from lawyers willing to accept contingency fees for wrongful dismissal cases. You need to call and make inquiries. Public libraries have Yellow Pages if you don't have one.

Unfortunately, the lawyers on this site cannot act for the people asking questions and also cannot suggest the names of specific lawyers.