I sold a vehicle on ebay to a man in canada, he accepted the…

Customer Question
I sold a vehicle on...
I sold a vehicle on ebay to a man in canada, he accepted the ebay contract and bid and won my vehicle. total price was $14,000.00 he did send the $1,000.00 deposit and 3 days later sent 2- echecks 1-$10,000.00 and 1- $3,500.00 and just before the funds where to clear 8 days later, cancelled the funds. remind you this is a legal binding sell of a vehicle under a contract. Can I suew him for the balance which is $13,500.00 us dollars. thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/29/2010
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
debra thal :

Yes you can sue him.

If he breached the contract then you can sue him just like anyone else can for any other breach of contract.

The fact that the sale took place over ebay doesn't mean there is no valid contract. There is.

The problem is tha tyou are in Alabama and he is in Canada and for this reason it will be hard to sue him.

I would think he may be counting on that.

It may be the case that if you send him a letter from a lawyer he will get worried and pay you.

I hope so because suing him long distance and then seeking to enforce the judgment may be too difficult and too expensive unfortunately.