i bought a handbag 06/14 in Vancouver that my sister already…

Customer Question
i bought a handbag 06/14...
i bought a handbag 06/14 in Vancouver that my sister already has but the store will not refund my money as it is outwith their 10 day return policy. i thought i had 21 days to return goods?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/28/2010
Lawyer: D.A.M., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Lawyer

Unfortunately you may be out of luck if the retailer will not accept the return based on their policies. Return policies are exclusively determined by each individual merchant. The return policies are usually posted in the store and often written on the receipt itself.

Some merchants do have generous return policies but some are far more restrictive. Additionally some merchants also have different rules on receipt-returns vs. non-receipt returns so it is always good to know precisely what the policies are when (and some would argue before) you buy.

Regards.