My girlfriend and I were married 6 months ago, She is from…

Customer Question
My girlfriend and I were...
My girlfriend and I were married 6 months ago, She is from costa rica I am from canada. Under lawyer advice after 4 failed vistor visa attempts we got married to begin visa proceedings but this entire process has been mentally and financially draining on both of us and we mutually decided to end it. How would i go about filing for an annulment in this case?

The marriage was never consummated due to a sexual issue from me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2010
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
debra thal :

Applying for an anulment is very different than applying for an uncontested divorce. It's quite a complex procedure and you will need a lawyer to assist you.

If you want you can get a divorce and can do that on our own so long as you both agree. You can apply now but the divorce judgment cannot be signed until you've been separated for one year.

If you want for me to suggest how to find a lawyer please give me your province.

If you think you may consider applying for an uncontested divorce if you give me your province I can provide with you some links to website that will have the information you need.