Hi, I and my three children are U.S. permanent residents (green…

Customer Question
Hi, I and my three...
Hi, I and my three children are U.S. permanent residents (green card) expiration date 2020. My husband is a U.S. citizen. We are going to Canada for six days to attend the wedding of my husband's niece. Will our passports and green card sufficient for our port of entry?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/22/2010
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
debra thal :

No.

debra thal :

If you are citizens of the Philippines Canada will require you to have a Temporary Resident Visa (visitor's visa) even though you have a green card.

You husband does not need one but you and the kids do.

Customer:

I had requested assessment online for my situation and was told that I do not need a visitor's visa but may be required to get a visa in my port of entry. If this will be the scenario how does it work and how much will be the visa/

debra thal :

They will just ask you to fill out some documents and they will give you the permit and stamp it. You will be given a set time for the visit.

The fees are $75 a person or $400 for a family (in Canadian funds).