My son was named the executor of his FATHERS WILL, however…

Customer Question
My son was named the...
My son was named the executor of his FATHERS WILL, however his stepmother took over the executor position, since the will only had one witness signature.
Is there a time limit on the final execution of the will? or does my son have more time to seek more professional advice?
Regards
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/15/2010
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
debra thal :

The estate lawyer cannot help him. He's not the client.

Your son absolutely must get his own lawyer and must do so at once. He needs someone to help him protect his own interests clearly.

If you want to help your son find a lawyer then what you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/Directory/DirectoryContent/FindLawyersOrFirm.aspx