i wish to ask question regarding laws in protecting legal volunteers…

Customer Question
i wish to ask question...
i wish to ask question regarding laws in protecting legal volunteers (working in hospital) in Canada
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/14/2010
Lawyer: Yossarian (user name), Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Yossarian (user name)

What is your question?

Is there a labour law to protect legal volunteers in Canada? I got fired suddenly without any verbal/written warning. I have been working there for 4.5 months and my contract is 1 year! Do you think I have a case?
If you were a volunteer, you would not be covered by federal or provincial labour laws. If you could establish that your termination was related to discrimination , filling a complaint with a human rights commission would be your only remedy.
my supervisor always says that "You are only a student volunteer, you don't have the right to..." He never fullfill the offer (letting me involved in his project) that he had verball promised! is that not enough to regard as discrimination/criticizing?
Unfortunately, that would not be characterized as discrimination. You may want to consider filing a complaint with your educational institution's ombudsman ,or governing council, if you were volunteering in an academic setting.
can u tell me which department i should go for if i want to fill a complaint with my institution's ombudsman? how about the website for finding the complaint form from governing council?
This information will be contained in your educational institution's web site. If you can still not find the appropriate complaint route, you should check with your student union, or student council for the correct procedural avenue.
Relist: Answer quality.

The Ombudsman is its own department.

Your question has been answered. Please press accept so I am credited for my time.