CURRENTLY i AM SUPPOSED TO RECIEVE 1000. dollars in spousal…

Customer Question
CURRENTLY i AM SUPPOSED TO...
CURRENTLY i AM SUPPOSED TO RECIEVE 1000. dollars in spousal support a month My Ex has not paid in over two years, I also have been contacted by an attorney, I have stalled just a bit in replying trying to get the investment account investigated he is regestered with Maintenance inforcement and they receintly told me to get a Lawyer, When we were married we had an investment with a company that he worked for , that investment was split. From what I remember according to the investment company he cannot recieve any benifit from it until he reaches 50. I Think he still has this account and is trying to wipe out my his arrears with Maintenance , before he turns fifty in August and is also asking that the monthly Spousal Support be lowered. I applied with legal aid and becuase I still have some of the divorce money I can't retain a lawyer with them. The amount of savings I have just buts me over there thresh hold, and I don't have enough to retain out side legal aid.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/11/2010
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
debra thal :

Are they telling you to get a lawyer to compel him to make financial disclosure?

Are you saying he is bringing a motion to vary the support?

Customer:

No 1 Yes

debra thal :

What city and province are you in please?