Hello, I filed for divorce in Saskatchewan in 2003. We sold…

Customer Question
Hello, I filed for divorce in...
I filed for divorce in Saskatchewan in 2003. We sold our house and settled our possesions etc and I am paying alimony as per the court order.
However everytime My lawyer tries to get me ex to sign the divorce papers she creates extravagant lies - signs an affdavit and her lawyer sends it to me.
This has ben going on for 6 years- I have not seen her or talked to her in that time.
She has signed a document proving all settlements have taken place (I have copies and so does her lawyer) yet she still signed an affidavit saying she has yet to receive money so this divorce cannot go to court.
What can I do to get this divorce finalised.
Thankyou
Greg Peters

my hotmail address is [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/9/2010
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Debra, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
debra thal :

Is your lawyer still acting for you?

If you are doing what she wants in terms of the support what is her concern?

Are you wanting to reduce or stop paying support?

debra thal :

Or is she lying and saying you are in breach of the Order?

Customer :

I currently have no lawyer as this(my #2

Customer :

my #2 lawyer was allowing this to drag on like the first lawyer.

Customer :

I am paying $700/month alimony, although I have been off work for 10 months after having 2 shoulder surgeries and have not made payment, she is ok with that.

Customer :

she is very spiteful and has a lawyer who is just dragging this on for the $$$$, I believe she is on legal aid.

Customer :

I would love to reduce the monthly amount.

Customer :

she is a habitual lier and I have proven this on sooooo many occassions yet her lawyer stil gets her to sign affidavits.

Customer :

Thats what I am on here to find out. I want to know how long does a court order for divorce stay current

debra thal :

I was actually asking about where you were in the legal proceedings now.

The Court Order will stay current unless it's varied.

If you are not working you can seek to vary the Order based on a material change in circumstance.

That might get things moving.