Hi, i am an australian looking to move to canada on a working…

Customer Question
Hi, i am an australian...
Hi, i am an australian looking to move to canada on a working visa for a couple years and am looking to buy a 4x4 van. I have found many but they more so seem to be in the US and also a fair bit cheaper. What restrictions is there in trying to bring a modified vehicle into canada?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Canada Law
6/9/2010
Lawyer: Yossarian (user name), Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Yossarian (user name)

You need to check the vehicle's admissibility into Canada before you attempt to import the vehicle with the Registrar of Imported Vehicle. You will alos need to provide any required recall clearance forms , and comply with the vehicle's modification requirements.

A link to the web site is below:

http://www.riv.ca/ImportingAVehicle.aspx

Relist: The information given that which i already knew. Your answer did not help me and i end up finding out more from a friend and other websites. Being a temporary resident i can buy a modified car from the US and take it to canada which a canadian citizen would not be able to do. thank you for your attempt to answer the question anyways. You should file this information for the next time another australian might ask it. .
The information given that which i already knew. Your answer did not help me and i end up finding out more from a friend and other websites. Being a temporary resident i can buy a modified car from the US and take it to canada which a canadian citizen would not be able to do. thank you for your attempt to answer the question anyways. You should file this information for the next time another australian might ask it.
The restrictions on vehicles apply to permanent residents, too.