How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 100993
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a legal question about charging someone with harassment

Customer Question

I have a legal question about charging someone with harassment and/or slander. It sounds trivial but there is this person that keeps calling and texting me calling me names and claiming false accusations about me. Although I know who the person is, I have never actually met them. I ignored it and considered changing my phone number but now they have personal information about me such as where I grew up, went to university and now where I work. They are threatening to ruin my life and call people from my community and call my employer to tell them about these false accusations to ruin my life. I tried to ignore all of this but now it is sounding serious and I would like some legal advice so I can stop this person from tormenting me. Can you offer me some advice about how to approach this situation and if it is enough for me to get a lawyer or press charges.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started