How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Debra Your Own Question
Debra, Lawyer
Category: Canada Law
Satisfied Customers: 101417
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Canada Law Question Here...
Debra is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I put a lien on a residential property in Ontario.

Resolved Question:

How do I put a lien on a residential property in Ontario. I had rented my condo in Alberta to them and damage was done and they are now refusing to pay for the damages. They own property in Ontario and I would like to put the lien on there Ontario property.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Canada Law
Expert:  Debra replied 8 years ago.
You cannot do that until you have a judgment against them.

What you have to do is sue, get the judgment and then seek to enforce it through the Sheriff's office.

Because the damage happened in Alberta you will need to sue there and once you have the order it will be recognized by the Ontario Courts.

I hope that clarifies things.

Please click accept so that I can receive credit for providing you with this information.
Debra and other Canada Law Specialists are ready to help you