Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

CanLawyer
CanLawyer
CanLawyer, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
When working an eight hour shift what are the required breaks
Debra, Lawyer
When working an eight hour shift what are the required breaks? I work eight hours a day and only have a half hour lunch break. Everywhere else I have worked it was mandatory to have one or two 15min b… read more
I work 12 hour shifts at most 3 days a week. He works 5 days
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Litigator, Barrister and Solicitor
I work 12 hour shifts at most 3 days a week. He works 5 days per week that are 8 hours long. Would the fact that I work less days give me an edge against 50/50 custody?… read more
Quest..! I worked a shift job. 2 week 12 hours shift mon
Debra, Lawyer
quest..hi! I worked a shift job. 2 week 12 hours shift mon to thurs, weekend shift is fri to Saturday and when I change to night shift its 10 hrs.*****fork lift...a week ago I fell asleep in work driv… read more
I am a manager and am on salary ,I was working 60 hour
Debra, Lawyer
I am a manager and am on salary ,I was working 60 hour shifts and no days off for at least 65 days , am I able to be compensated for all that work and hours and no days off … read more
What are the laws for scheduling a 16 year old going to
P. Simmons, Attorney
What are the laws for scheduling a 16 year old going to school all night shifts. He works at McDonald's and they don't even offer transportation when there is none at the times he's scheduled to work… read more
My company is going to discipline me for working 12 hours on
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
My company is going to discipline me for working 12 hours on a shift. They are making it mandatory for us to work 13 in a shift, and after I went home after 12, they are charging me with job abandonme… read more
My question is this:: I was hired as a supervisor on staff,
Debra, Lawyer
My question is this:: I was hired as a supervisor on staff, my hours of work were 10 hours a day on a 8 & 6 schedule which I worked for 15 years. they then changed my hours of work to 11.5 hrs. a day … read more
Dear Estate Law Expert, I need help with... my father died
Debra, Lawyer
Dear Estate Law Expert, I need help with... my father died of cancer and 3 weeks before his passing, my step-mother took him to change his will.... his only legal heirs... his 2 daughters were taken o… read more
Dear Sirs,i am applying for immigration to Canada with my family
Debra, Lawyer
Dear Sirs,i am applying for immigration to Canada with my family and scheduled for a medical exam soon. Does the medical exam involve any kind of drug tests?If so what type of drugs may cause a proble… read more
Dear Sir, I am presently in canada on work permit since
Debra, Lawyer
Dear Sir, I am presently in canada on work permit since more than five years. i hv applied for PR for complete family ( my wife & two daughters , as they are in india), myself being main applicant . e… read more
Hello.... I work for a company and 2 Fridays ago I worked a
Debra, Lawyer
Hello.... I work for a company and 2 Fridays ago I worked a 12 hour shift and went home not wanting to work anymore overtime hours. Since then the owner of the company has moved my desk closer to him … read more
If i worked the last 21 days without any day off some of the
Debra, Lawyer
If i worked the last 21 days without any day off some of the days minumum9 hours some of them 12 hours and i asked for days off but been refused is that just cause to leave my job and get payed by Emp… read more
This is a question for a canadian law expert, I live in Ontario
Debra, Lawyer
This is a question for a canadian law expert, I live in Ontario Canada. My husband's friend did some electrical work for us and in exchange for this my husband was to do some carpentry work for him, w… read more
What is the law in regards XXXXX XXXXX pay in Alberta Do you
Debra, Lawyer
What is the law in regards XXXXX XXXXX pay in Alberta? Do you get paid for the holiday as long as you work your scheduled day before and after the holiday even if the holiday lands on your day off?… read more
What is the charge for answering a relatively simple
Debra, Lawyer
what is the charge for answering a relatively simple question … read more
Dear Legal Ease If/when I return to Canada with my son, what
Debra, Lawyer
Dear Legal Ease If/when I return to Canada with my son, what can I do to ensure there are no problems with boarder just in case ?. My son would be entering for the first time and with only me. I would… read more
I am looking for Canadian contingency fee law firms in Canada
Debra, Lawyer
I am looking for Canadian contingency fee law firms in Canada who are experts in patent infringement litigation. We have already won substantial settlements in the U.S. from well known manufacturers t… read more
Hey there, I am working for a security business who do not
Debra, Lawyer
Hey there, I am working for a security business who do not pay me overtime, give me a full day of rest, makes me work 12 hours shifts. How do I go about suing him? Thaks… read more