Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

My son over past 1.5 years has has a legal aide lawyer who…

Customer Question
Thank you. My...

Thank you. My son over past 1.5 years has has a legal aide lawyer who has assisted him in getting access to his daughter, but he was informed yesterday that legal aide will not help him get custody. He is hoping

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?

For joint custody as the mother is non compliant and is using her daughter as a means of controlling my son.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are they in?

Yes papers have been filed. We are in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The mother needs psychological assessment, and my son has done everything the court has asked for and mor

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
5/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

What reason is Legal Aid providing?

It is not legal aide that is saying this, it is the lawyer

Has he called Legal Aid to ask?

No the wait time when we call is almost 2 hours. We will try again tomorrow

Please call tomorrow and then get back to me.