Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I have a 5 year old and I took his father to court back in…

I have a 5...

I have a 5 year old and I took his father to court back in 2015 he never showed twice and he's got his license and traveling all over the world but he isn't paying child support ...fro isn't helping me and its not fair my kids father sees my son when he's with his mother the other grandmother also has got another baby with someone else ....

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes I have but my lawyer told me I had to go online to find fro and ask them to help but I haven't heard from them at all

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Crap! ... I'm in Canada I live in brampton

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I just want child support for my son ... I went to kpa lawyers she only got me to have full custody of my son

4/16/2018
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

I am a family lawyer in Ontario.

Have you asked the FRO to suspend his licence and his passport?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Hi yes I contacted fro and I havent heard back from them ... What should I do ? If they're not getting back to me ?

When is the last time you tried to contact them?

Back in 2015

Oh no.

That is terrible.

You should call them now.

Call Toronto:(###) ###-####br />Toll-free: 1-***-***-****

And have your case number ***** you when you call. It is the 7 digit number they assigned to you.

They should agree to suspend his licence and passport at the very least. If you know where he works and lives this information should be provided to them as well.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Ok and I don't know where he lives or what job he does ... He's basically hiding everything from me ... He even changed his phone number so he doesn't keep contact with me

But the FRO can track him down.

They have his SIN, his tax returns etc.

Oh ok thank you so much if I have anything to ask or need to know I'll get back to you .. That k you so much

You are very welcome.

For now please be sure to rate me before you leave the site so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer