Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I am separating from a common law relationship. Québec. We…

Customer Question
Hello! i am separating...

Hello! i am separating from a common law relationship

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Québec

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We verbally ageeed to separate, i have moved out with minimal items (clothes), and my ex partner is currently staying in the house. the house/mortgage is under my name but it is quite remote, so i do t feel comfortable living there by myself

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I no longer have a key to the property, as i left it behind by mistake

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/2/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

But what is your specific question please?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

sorry, i think i need to speak to someone in person. thanks

ok