Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

Is it possible to come on Tourist visa to canada and then…

Customer Question
Hi, Is it possible to...
Hi, Is it possible to come on Tourist visa to canada and then apply for immigration on shore and so till that time i can work in a bridging visa. my profile is sales and marketing and i have done PTE ( English Test ) with overall score of 71. i am 36 years old and i have 10+ years of work experience in Sales and marketing.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
3/27/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Unfortunately that is not possible.

You cannot apply for permanent residency status from within Canada when your legal status is visitor.

You would have to return home to apply.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

am i eligible to apply for PR from india as sales and marketing profile

Yes that may be possible especially if you are in a managerial level.

You can start by reading the information starting at this page:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

Also you can take an online assessment tool here to so if it is likely you will succeed:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?