Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

Friday cps show up at my house, with alleguation from the…

Customer Question
Friday cps show up...

Friday cps show up at my house, with alleguation from the school that I burn my child with a cigarette when in fact it was proven to be by medical report a spider bite and she was under medication for it. so because of that being investigate, I lost my job as a caregiver, police and cpd show up and told the parents that I was unfit to take care of their child for the moment. I have 8 kids of my own, none of them in cps first time I have cps in my life, all that because of my daughter school that rather than calling me after my daughter clearly told them it was a spider bite they complain to cps. what can I do

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No I have full exclusive cutody of my kids, they didn't remove my kids nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I'm in niva scotia

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did CPS see the child at the school first?

Have they said they now know it is a spider bite?

Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!