Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

Is it possible to reopen a divorce settlement after 8 years…

Customer Question
Is it possible to...

Is it possible to reopen a divorce settlement after 8 years when one partis life style drastically changed whole the other parties lifestyle stayed the same or improved? My decision to not take part of my partners pension at the time of divorce was due to matters of the heart and pressure from my son.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

I am in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The pension from his work was over a half million dollars

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
3/20/2018
Family Lawyer: nyclawyer,
 replied 4 months ago
nyclawyer
It can be done on agreement or by motion for modification due to material change in circumstances.Normally pursued by counsel by motion.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
I didn't agree to a charge of 59 dollars just 5 Is this a scam. I could have got this information from Google! I called my bank!