Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I have a question about social services. They are concerned…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about social services. They are concerned because my partner has a past record of domestic violence. Since i have been with him, he has changed his life and given his life to God. He has never harmed me in any way and we have a beautiful life. I dont no what the social workers intentions are. Im worried and afraid that they can just take away or baby who isnt even born yet, or stop my husband from seeing our baby just because they think he may be abusing me.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

None as of yet. They visited us once at our home. There wasnt a single dirty dish the house is immaculate and the nursery is full. I just dont no what there intentions are. They want to meet with us to discuss things that have come up. With my husbands past that is

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Im in BC canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should be all thanks

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Family Lawyer: ulysses101, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
ulysses101
ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

Can you tell me abut your partner's past record? Don't use details that can identify anyone.

Have you set the meeting yet?