Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

Is it allowed to request durin a divorce filing that if one…

Customer Question
Is it allowed to...

Is it allowed to request durin a divorce filing that if one spouse enters a romantic relationship that the other parent be granted full custody based on shared religious beliefs?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alberta Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just that question

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
3/11/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

I don't understand what you mean quite yet.

Please set out the basic facts. Are you asking if you can prohibit the other parent from entering into another relationship and if they do they would lose custody?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!