Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

How to extend counsal date

Customer Question
how to extend counsal date
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
for child custody
in ontario canada
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
for family case or law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that it sounds like you are in a difficult situation.

But I am not sure what you mean.

Are you asking how to get an adjournment?

to get more time to prepare the case

Have you asked for an adjournment before?

Have you asked the other side for consent for the adjournment?

Have you asked for an adjournment before?NO
I changed the lawyer couple of day ago , but my wife's lawyer want early fast track
My wife is suffering from schizophrenia and she stopped taking medicine 3 months ago and gave threat about suicide.
hello

I am sorry that you were left waiting. But, I answered you immediately and you didn't reply for hours. I was sleeping when you replied. I am not a computer generating an answer but an actual person who is a lawyer so it would not be possible for me to be on call for you.

If you have a new lawyer then your new lawyer knows exactly what to do. They will ask the others side to consent to the adjournment and if they do not they will apply to the court for an adjournment. This will be granted as your lawyer needs time to get up to speed and because you have never asked for an adjournment before.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

is 50 , 50 deal worth?

What do you mean?

child custody

Please rate my answers on this post now. It is not about child custody.

Then please start a new post for your new question. In the question say this is for Debra and also give me the relevant facts as they relate to you and your children so I can know the background.

counsal said one week mother keep kids and one week father
not satisfied

But that is not the law necessarily. I would need the facts to discuss what will likely happen. I am a senior lawyer and I am not willing to give you an answer just to make you happy. I want to gather the facts and give you my best information after that.

But you are not charged for another post so I am not sure why you would object to starting one. It would mean I could get paid for both questions and you will not be charged more.

not satisfied

I just don't understand why you are saying what you are saying.

You asked about getting an adjournment. It was answered by me at once. There is no reason for you to be dissatisfied that I can see. It costs you nothing in the least to post a second question but instead I get back two words. You know I am a senior family lawyer in Ontario and instead of trying to take advantage of that you are being rude and disrespectful.

I am opting out as there are so many customers who welcome my help.

no
Kids custody
when you answer?