Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

My husband broke my moms arm 18 months ago. he is a

Customer Question
My husband broke my...

My husband broke my moms arm 18 months ago. he is a narcissistic sociopath (diagnosed). He uses drugs and he was let go from his job just prior to our marriage and now I have the document from the hearing. He was charged and received 16 months house arrest. I want a divorce and he won't agree

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Manitoba, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes, many times but they feel it will cost 10's of thousands of dollars because of the difficulty of dealing with him. So my mom thinks I qualify for an annulment under the law as well as our church

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was awarded sole custody of our 3 children. He got out of court from be sentenced with house arrest for 16 months and went to his lawyer to go for 50/50 custody of children. His lawyer said, "Did you not just get what went on in there?" "No lawyer in Canada would take you on" He is still looking!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
1/10/2018
Family Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 7 months ago
DMWEsq

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I am not sure what just happened? am I going to be charged 63/month?
Family Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, no you're not. You probably received a request for a membership and will probably receive a request for a phone call; both of which you can ignore. I'm reviewing your situation and see that you're in Canada, and unfortunately, you were routed to the U.S. site. This means I need to opt out and let our moderators get you to the Canada law site. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience!

Where are you???
can you just cancel my request and reimburse me?
Family Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi, i'm sorry. I know it's highly unusual, but our moderators are going to get you connected with a Canada law attorney. They can't take the question until I opt out. I'm still "with you," but I won't be able to answer your questions satisfactorily. I'm so sorry!

How fast, I don’t have a lot of tome
Time.
Family Lawyer: DMWEsq,
 replied 7 months ago

i couldn't tell you that for sure. The English speaking countries sometimes have questions fall into each other's queues and so we get things from Australia, India, Canada, and the UK. It's frustrating for the customers especially.

You can always contact Just Answer’s Customer Care team by clicking here or calling them at 1-***-***-**** and advise them you'd like to be routed to a Canadian lawyer within the hour.

Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

I am a lawyer in Canada and very happy to work with you.

When did you get married?

When did you separate?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.Thanks!