Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I have 50/50 custody of my kids, well last night my one son…

Customer Question
I have 50/50 custody...

I have 50/50 custody of my kids, well last night my one son decided he wants to live with me as he is scared of his father and unhappy there. What can I do? I phone the police and they said I could legally take him last night so I did.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I’m in Alberta Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean? There was no physical violence so police said I can take him if he wanted to go.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to know if it’s legal for him to live with me as we have 50/50 shared custody

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
1/8/2018
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How old is the child?

What does the father say about this?

Is there an order or agreement with respect to custody?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!