Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian Family Law Question? Ask a family lawyer.

Canada Family Law

My wife filed an emergency motion to have me kicked out of…

Customer Question
My wife filed an emergency...
My wife filed an emergency motion to have me kicked out of our marital home, a restraining order and restrict me from being able to change roomers. The judge refused the request because she felt it does not pass the urgency test. Therefore, she allowed me to stay in our marital home. She did not approve the restraining order request or restricting me from changing roomers in the house.But, the judge did set a mid February conference hearing to determine if our home is truly a marital home as my wife's counsel position is, the house cease to be a matrimonial home when l left for studies in Germany. They further state our separation date as Oct. 9th, 2017, which l was never informed of as my wife never mentioned it in our multiple modes of communications that she was planning a divorce and we will use Oct. 9th, 2017 as our separation date.My wife changed the locks, effectively locking me out of our matrimonial home. I got myself back into our home through garage which was left open.The hearing in February is to determine if the home is a matrimonial home and my self help tactics to be examined.What are the chances the house will be deem a non-matrimonial home as it was, since the purchase in 6/2011 (we got married on May 2nd, 2007) to today my permanent home l even had bills in my name proving my address? But my wife took me off of all the house documentations. Her counsel is threatening another restraining order and claiming money for removing and discarding the home video camera system ($576.00).
What am l looking at as l am self represented?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One more detail that may help l was only our of Ontario, Ottawa for 54 days total and out of my home for a total of 61 days
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
by the time it's time for conference hearing l would have been back in the home for longer then l was absent.
12/29/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems,
 replied 1 month ago
LegalGems

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Family Lawyer: LegalGems,
 replied 1 month ago

I am sorry to hear this;

what state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Family Lawyer: LegalGems,
 replied 1 month ago

I'm sorry; this is the US forum; let me report this as miscategorized and I will opt out so you can get the proper professional to assist you. Thank you.

Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Are you hoping for a second opinion?

If so that is fine.

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor