Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

I was in common law relationship for 6 years, but in 2015,

Customer Question
I was in common...

I was in common law relationship for 6 years, but in 2015, there's no communication as couple between us anymore and he wants me to open an account to his bank for his back drafts. And when I refused he attempted to hit my face with his phone. Since then I moved out of our conjugal townhouse and in legal aid for 2 yrs now to ask for spousal support and right to have a share for the house. My free legal aid will expire January 2018 but I haven't got any of the demands I'm asking for. What should I do now? I'm living in pay check to pay check situation . Please help me I don't know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Chilliwack, bc Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the legal aid filed already in Chilliwack provincial court

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There had been a mediation between us sometime last July and I didn't signed or agreed to anythin

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
12/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Why is your legal aid expiring?

My legal aid started last April 2016 and the legal secretary said it will end January 2018
I'm sorry I don't have enough money, I'm in financial difficulty since I separated from my ex that's why I can't afford to hire a lawyer