Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

We have an Arbitration Award from January 2016 that we have…

Customer Question
We have an Arbitration Award...
We have an Arbitration Award from January 2016 that we have been following when it comes to the schedule with the kids.In July of 2016, both parties mutually agreed to switch the children to the School in the town they both moved to and agreed that going forward - February Family Week and April Spring Break would be split equally between the two parents.This was implemented starting Feb 2017 and April 2017.The Mother agreed to Split the Summer weeks on an equal basis (week to week, with both parties allowed to take a 2-week stint which was in the Arb Award) in exchange for the consent of the Father allowing the Mother to move the children to a new school, in the same town, that was in the Mothers new neighbourhood. (Parents live 12 minutes apart, original school was in the middle of town, but once the school in the mothers are was completed, she offered 50-50 summer in exchange for fathers consent)This split was implemented for July and August 2017. The children now attend their new school in her neighbourhood.All of this, minus the carb award obviously, was written and agreed to on the Family Wizard Program and put in the Journal Entries for reference and the Calendar for the new weeks.Fast forward to today.Mother is furious that Father recounted his request for Extra Christmas, therefore ending the need of a Parenting Coordinator to decide if he can have it - the mom was saying NO. Said he would follow the Arb Award, and the Spring Breaks and Summer Agreement going forward.Mother is furious and is now trying to say Father can't have the agreed and implemented Spring Breaks and Summer Split anymore and only a PC can decide????????Is this allowed? We agreed - and implemented these changes. How can she pull back this time from my Kids? There is NO Police enforcement Claus either. Do I follow what we agreed upon?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
11/30/2017
Family Lawyer: rayanswers, Canada Law Answer Team replied 4 months ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Canada Law Answer Team

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You would follow the last award or order approved by the court.If you made informal changes you may need to go back and either arbitrate here or let judge decide.Anything that was approved here by arbitrator or judge is the order/plan you need to follow until modified.You may need to go back to court if mother will not agree to resolve this fairly.Tome she is being unfair when you bent over backwards to be fair and allow kids to move.

I am so sorry there is disagreement here, you go back to last orders and follow those , if you need to file a motion to modify then do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I am sorry I though you were in Us, please disregard I wil get you a Canadian expert. Please don't rate.

Ok
Is anyone going to respond
rayanswers
rayanswers
rayanswers, Canada Law Answer Team