Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

How does a gifted dead work in a separation and division of…

Customer Question
How does a gifted...

How does a gifted dead work in a separation and division of assists ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Canada Alberta

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not on this matter . My lawyer doesn't seem to be working for me and I haven't found new representation yet but they have listed a joint property and have an offer on it but our son really wants the property

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I can find out more on that matter that would be great for now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
11/21/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Please start at the beginning and set out the facts in a bit more detail so I can gain a better understanding of the issues.

Thanks

I am going through a legal separation and my ex wife doesn't want to settle . She is trying to force the sell of our fam property in ontario . My son who is 16 wants the farm kept . So she listed the property and has an offer on it . I did not sign the real estate papers . So now she is threatening to proceeded to the courts and force the sale saying im impeding her finances . So my question is if I gift the deed to my son can they force the sale in the courts ?
Ahh nope I will proceeded with a lawyer here thanks for nothing