Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

My daughter has a 14 year old daughter who has Conduct

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a 14 year old daughter who has Conduct disorder she gets violent at times, she broke into my daughters bed room and broke the door , My daughter called the police, and she was send by my daughters ex boy friend who has a court order against him that he isn't allowed to be with her without supervision, it went to court and they gave me My grand daughter , and want to take her off my daughter can thery do theat?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

Ontario canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. but on Tuesday the CAS is going to give my grand dauther to her father They say it is for the safety of my daughter , but she want her daughter back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Family Lawyer: ulysses101, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
ulysses101
ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question. I'm not entirely clear on who is in what role here, so as we discuss this please try to be crystal clear. I don't want you to use names. Let's call the girl "the child", your daughter is "mother", her ex is "the father" right? He's the biological father? And you're Grandmother.

The child is with you now, right?

How long as the child been with you?

The CAS took the child from mother's care and placed her in your care after the child became violent in her home towards the mother?

And on Tuesday what does CAS want to do exactly?

Family Lawyer: ulysses101, Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Court this morning? Let me know how it goes.