Canada Family Law

Have a Canadian family law question? Ask a family lawyer.

My mother died last year in Toronto, Canada and had no will.

Customer Question
She has a bank account...
My mother died last year in Toronto, Canada and had no will. She has a bank account in Malta with around €10,000.00 in it. There are six siblings , one of which lives in Malta. We are trying to have the bank release these funds.The rest, five of us , all live in Toronto. We have already sent papers authorizing the brother living in Malta to distribute the funds . However the bank has requested a letter signed by a lawyer confirming that there in fact is no probate due to lack of will. Would you be able to help us?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Family Law
11/13/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Ease, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Ease
Legal Ease, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry for your loss.

The lawyers on this site cannot act for you. We can only provide legal information online.

If it would help I can suggest how best to find a lawyer in Toronto.

If that won't be helpful please ask the site for a refund.

Thanks

Thank you very much for your prompt response. I will find a lawyer in Toronto.

OK

Take good care.